To mark the day, The Trotter Project has requested chefs create a dish inspired by one of Trotter’s, place it on their menu on that weekend and to donate proceeds from these dishes to the Project.
For my part, I obviously have no restaurant to help raise funds, but I have been thinking lately of putting together a menu of Trotter dishes to enjoy at home. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Arborio rice-crusted oysters with baby spinach, sweet and sour beet emulsion
- Sweet corn soup with grilled lobster mushrooms, shellfish oil
- Lamb shank tortellini with oven-roasted tomatoes, saffron emulsion, thyme and sage
- Veal sweetbreads with butternut squash, celery root, sweet corn and veal stock reduction
- Peach and crème brûlée napoleon with green tea Anglaise and peach juice
To stay true to the spirit of Trotter there will be some improvisation with each dish.