This past weekend we had more guests and instead of making a typical dinner, I opted instead to make a bunch of snack type food. Here’s what we had (no pictures):
- Marinated olives (I used tangerine and coriander seed)
- Pickled vegetables – carrots, green beans and cauliflower
- Pork rillettes
- Duck breast proscuitto
- Tomato chutney (a friend had given this to us this past summer)
- Gruyère and thyme gougères
- Cheeses – so I didn’t make these, but we had a local goat cheese called “cream of fields” (hahaha), Mahon, and a smoked blue cheese
- And for dessert I made poached pear frangipane tartlets, which only 2 of us had because everybody else went to bed.
I also served a couple of different types of mustards along with some grapes. The meal worked for me but I’m not so sure it was quite so popular with everyone. Oh well.