Erin recommended I publish my daily to do lists this week to give some insight as to what I actually do, not to mention that my to do lists probably differ greatly in some cases from other stay-at-home parents, if only because I’m a cook.
Along with this I’ll do my best to publish the recipes that I’m making for the week, in case anyone out there wants to enjoy some of what we’re eating.
Here’s my list for today:
- Grocery shopping for the week
- Quarter a duck
- Roast duck carcasses (I have another in the freezer) along with mirepoix to run the stock overnight tonight
- For dinner tonight (grilled steak salad with hearts of romaine, cherry tomatoes if I can find good ones, green beans, red onion, croutons and a creamy garlic dressing), I need to: marinate the steak, blanch and shock green beans, make the creamy garlic dressing, make croutons
- For Nate’s meals for the week, I need to: poach pears and puree for his breakfast, cook lentils and puree and make a thicker verson of potato/leek soup for him
- Make the curing mix for duck confit for later in the week and cure the duck legs from earlier
- Continue organizing the garage for our move in roughly six weeks
- Pay rent
- Give Riley her heartworm pill and flea and tick stuff
- Fold laundry
Naturally, along with all of these items goes the responsibility of watching and feeding Nate and taking the dog for a walk. Today’s a busy day.
Recipes will follow later in the evening.